10 interesting facts about RBI
Team Udayavani, Apr 2, 2020, 4:16 PM IST
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) is the central banking authority of India. It plays a critical role in development policies of Government of India.
Here are 10 interesting facts about RBI
- RBI’s logo was derived from East India Company Double Mohur.
- RBI was the banker for Government of Burma (Myanmar) until 1947 and offered central banking service to Pakistan until 1948.
- The financial year of RBI is from 1 July to 30 June.
- RBI is responsible only for printing the currency notes and minting of coins is done by the Government of India.
- RBI was conceptualized based on the guidelines presented by Dr. Ambedkar in his book titled “The Problem of the Rupee – Its origin and its solution”.
- Manmohan Singh is the only Prime Minister to have also served as the Governor of RBI.
- RBI does not have any Class II employee, there are only Class I, III and IV employees
- Initially, its headquarters was in Calcutta, it was permanently moved to Mumbai in 1937.
- RBI is a member bank of the Asian Clearing Union
- RBI runs a Monetary Museum in the premises of the Mumbai head office.
Covid 19: 388 cases reported today; Udupi goes from being green zone to dist with most cases
Single-day leap of 150 cases; Udupi tally rises to 410
India far away from COVID-19 peak: Govt
Related Articles More
Why file-sharing site WeTransfer has been banned in India?
World Milk Day: Know the history and significance of this day
Dharwad: AYUSH officer works till midnight on last day of work
Fermented cow dung air freshener made by two Indonesian students bags top science award
Global Day of Parents 2020: All you need to know about this day