11 Germans charged with alleged terror plot


PTI, Nov 13, 2020, 7:15 PM IST

Berlin: Eleven German men have been charged with belonging to a terror organisation on allegations they were planning deadly attacks on Muslims to create unrest and eventually overthrow the German government, prosecutors said Friday.

Federal prosecutors said eight of the men, led by Werner S and Tony E, formed the “Group S” organization during a meeting in September 2019.

Three others were accused of joining later, and a twelfth suspect was charged with supporting the group. Seven of the suspects also face weapons violation charges in Stuttgart state court.

No last names were given for the suspects in line with German privacy laws.

According to prosecutors, to “shake the state and the social order” of Germany to eventually overthrow the government, the group plotted to bring about “conditions similar to civil war” by attacking mosques and killing or injuring the largest number of Muslims possible.

The group also considered using force against political opponents, prosecutors said.

Officials allege the group met multiple times in private locations to discuss their plans, and that Werner S trained others to shoot a pistol. Meetings were coordinated over chat apps and by telephone.

In an effort to raise 50,000 euros (USD 59,000) for more firearms, all group members but one, who couldn’t for financial reasons, agreed to contribute four-figure sums to the cause. It was not clear how much money was eventually raised.

The men were all detained during raids on February 14 and all except for one are still in custody. Another suspect detained that day died while in detention, prosecutors said.

Udayavani is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel and stay updated with the latest news.

Top News

NIA files charge sheet against two for blast by CPI (Maoists) in Jharkhand

Hijab row: Not going to budge from our stand under any circumstance, says MLA Raghupati Bhat

Multi-floor structure collapses in Mumbai; 6 rescued

Should handle COVID-19 third wave with ‘total seriousness’: Thaawar Chand Gehlot

No one can do anything without JD(S) after 2023 K’taka Assembly poll: H D Kumaraswamy

Andhra Pradesh to get 13 more new districts

WHO: Record weekly COVID cases last week but deaths stable


Related Articles More

Capsized boat found near Florida; 39 people missing

Biden’s big test: Proving he can rally allies against Putin

Omicron survives much longer on plastic, skin than earlier coronavirus variants: Study

Over 21 million new Covid-19 cases reported globally last week, highest number of weekly cases recorded since beginning of pandemic: WHO

Severe consequences for Russia if it were to move into Ukraine: Biden

MUST WATCH

Mysore student led NCC at the Republic Day 2022 Parade held in Delhi

NEWS BULLETIN 26-02-2022

Stunning motorcycle display by BSF all-women biker team at India’s 73 Republic Day parade

Siddaramaiah Talk’s About Election

Snake Climb the Wall of the Building


Latest Additions

NIA files charge sheet against two for blast by CPI (Maoists) in Jharkhand

Hijab row: Not going to budge from our stand under any circumstance, says MLA Raghupati Bhat

Hassan: Upper caste people order Dalits not to be part of religious ceremony

Multi-floor structure collapses in Mumbai; 6 rescued

Should handle COVID-19 third wave with ‘total seriousness’: Thaawar Chand Gehlot

Thanks for visiting Udayavani

You seem to have an Ad Blocker on.
To continue reading, please turn it off or whitelist Udayavani.