Udayavni Special

Amitabh Bachchan undergoes second eye surgery


Team Udayavani, Mar 15, 2021, 10:41 AM IST

Mumbai: Megastar Amitabh Bachchan has revealed that his second eye surgery was successful and he is currently “recovering well”.

Earlier this month, the 78-year-old actor had opened up about his first eye surgery and shared with fans that the recovery is “slow and difficult.” He had also hinted at getting a surgery in the other eye.

Taking to Twitter late Sunday night, Bachchan thanked his doctor Himanshu Mehta and called the surgeries a “life changing experience.”

“And the second one has gone well. Recovering now. All good. The marvels of modern medical technology and the dexterity of Dr HM’s hands. Life-changing experience. You see now what you were not seeing before, surely a wonderful world,” he tweeted.

The screen icon had previously written about the difficulty in his sight because of the surgery, which made him spend his days doing nothing.

In a blog post, Bachchan said now that his second eye was recovering, he could properly see colours, shapes and sizes.

“Saviour Dr Himanshu Mehta and his dexterity with the very latest medical machinery to remove the cataracts despite the age related soft tissues of mine. Any delay in these corrections can lead to blindness. So an advice .. get it done before it gets too late.

“And the recovery for the second one continues. If I am writing this its obviously working .. ain’ it,” he added.

The actor also thanked his fans for their continued wishes and said he was touched to know that there are people praying for his recovery and well being.

Udayavani is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel and stay updated with the latest news.

Top News

Royal funeral offers chance for William, Harry to reconcile

Muslim women have right to invoke extra-judical divorce, rules Kerala HC as it overturns 1972 judgment

K’taka govt pegs loss at Rs 152 cr due to RTC employees stir

Infosys net profit rises 17.5 pc to Rs 5,076 crore in March qtr; announces Rs 9,200 cr buyback offer

Congress digital TV platform to be launched on April 24

Min Suresh clarifies after CBSE exam cancellation causes confusion about SSLC exam

CWC to virtually meet on Apr 17 to discuss COVID-19 situation in country





Related Articles More

Director Ram Gopal Verma calls Kumbh mela a “corona atom bomb”

Alia Bhatt tests negative for COVID-19

Producer Guneet Monga receives second-highest civilian French honour

‘Simpsons’ actor Hank Azaria feels he needs to apologise to every Indian for voicing ‘Apu’

Actress Nikki Galrani files financial fraud complaint

MUST WATCH

Lord Mahalingeshwara and Lord Venkatramana Face to Face

| Udayavani 14-April-2021 News Bulletin

Singer Mangli Kannu Hodiyaka Song Performance At Maski By Election Campaign

John DSilva | Salient features of Karnataka Industrial Policy 2020-2025

Boy kills minor Girl for rejecting his Proposal | CRIME FILE

Latest Additions

Royal funeral offers chance for William, Harry to reconcile

Muslim women have right to invoke extra-judical divorce, rules Kerala HC as it overturns 1972 judgment

K’taka govt pegs loss at Rs 152 cr due to RTC employees stir

Director Ram Gopal Verma calls Kumbh mela a “corona atom bomb”

Simplilearn partners with KPMG in India to offer PG programmes

Thanks for visiting Udayavani

You seem to have an Ad Blocker on.
To continue reading, please turn it off or whitelist Udayavani.