Bio-bubbles are mentally draining, India team must get two-week break after IPL: Shastri


PTI, Feb 5, 2021, 3:57 PM IST

Chennai: Indian cricketers must get a two-week break after this year’s IPL to recover from fatigue since staying in bio-bubbles is “mentally draining”, head coach Ravi Shastri said on Friday.

The Indian players have not taken a break since the IPL 2020 in September in the UAE. The IPL was followed by a challenging Australia tour comprising four Tests, three ODIs and three T20Is.

With the final spot in the World Test Championships at stake, India is currently hosting England in a bilateral series consisting of four Tests, five T20Is and three ODIs.

“I do believe you need a break from international cricket at some point. After the England series, yes they go into the IPL. Again after the IPL, a couple of weeks off is a must,” Ravi Shastri told Star Sports.

“Because in these quarantines, in these bubbles, it is mentally draining. You are a human, at the end of it all.”

The 14th edition of the IPL will held between April and May this year.

Indian team showed its great bench strength when the injury-hit team without its regular performers including skipper Virat Kohli, notched up an incredible 2-1 win over Australia last month.

“As far as this team goes, this team takes pride in its performance. we will take it one step at a time. Every series is important. Every format is important,” Shastri said.

“And we have got the volume of players, we have the bench strength to accommodate across all formats. So there will be the hunger to perform.”

The 2021 World T20 is also scheduled to be played in India later this year.

Udayavani is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel and stay updated with the latest news.

Top News

ACB raids various locations of K’taka Cong MLA Zameer Ahmed Khan

Bantwal: Man stabbed to death by friends

VHP, Bajrang Dal members join probe in provocative slogans case; let off on police bail

NASA satellite breaks from orbit around Earth, heads to moon

6 dead, 30 hurt in shooting at Chicago-area July 4 parade

Remarks against ACB: Karnataka HC judge says he was threatened of transfer

Sydney floods impact 50,000 around Australia’s largest city


Related Articles More

Your next big star might come from public ground: HC tells BCCI; asks it to provide basic facilities to budding cricketers

Faced ragging by seniors in sports hostel, claims Olympian Dutee Chand

Wimbledon wild-card entry steals set, not win, from Djokovic

Former India goalkeeper EN Sudhir dies; AIFF offers condolences

Rohit Sharma out of isolation after testing negative

MUST WATCH

sidhu moose wala shooters seen waving guns celebrating in car

NEWS BULLETIN 04-07-2022

Tourist gathering, Road Block at Charmadi Ghat

Heavy Rain at Kalasa : Horanadu Kalasa Road Block

NEWS BULLETIN 03-07-2022


Latest Additions

ACB raids various locations of K’taka Cong MLA Zameer Ahmed Khan

Bantwal: Man stabbed to death by friends

VHP, Bajrang Dal members join probe in provocative slogans case; let off on police bail

NASA satellite breaks from orbit around Earth, heads to moon

6 dead, 30 hurt in shooting at Chicago-area July 4 parade

Thanks for visiting Udayavani

You seem to have an Ad Blocker on.
To continue reading, please turn it off or whitelist Udayavani.