Boy swallows cooker whistle; dies
Team Udayavani, Jul 2, 2018, 3:19 PM IST
Mandya: In a tragic incident, a one-and-half-year old boy died due to asphyxiation after he swallowed a cooker whistle here on Saturday.
The deceased has been identified as Bhuvan.
It has been reported that, Around 8pm Saturday, Bhuvan’s grandmother had left the rice cooker open and was mixing rice and sambar to feed him, as the child was crawled around and picking to play with things on the floor, he picked the whistle and put it in his mouth. When his grand mother saw him, tried to remove it from his mouth, but it went deeper inside his throat and choked him.
The boy was rushed to a doctor in Maddur, who was able to remove the whistle successfully from the food pipe. But the toddler developed breathing issues and the doctor advised the family to rush him to either Mandya or Mysuru for further treatment. While on the way to Mandya, Bhuvan breathed his last, police said.
Udayavani is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel and stay updated with the latest news.
Taiwan shaken by 6.5-magnitude quake, no injuries reported
Haryana govt to track attendance, movement of its employees during office hours! Thanks to smartwatches
Mumbai Cruise Drugs case: NCB witness alleges he was made to sign blank papers
High-level panel discussing corrective actions based on Kozhikode plane crash report: Official
Social Justice Ministry recommends decriminalising possession of small amount of drugs for personal use
Internal Facebook documents show struggle with misinformation, hate speech and celebrations of violence in India: Report
Related Articles More
Kolar gang wars: One dead, 3 injured in a clash
Kalaburagi: Woman throws three daughters into well, kills self over harassment by in-laws for male child
M’luru: CNG pipeline work moving at snails pace; Motorists inconvenienced
‘Super 30’: Karnataka to develop one engineering college in each district
Bengaluru: NCB busts drug syndicates, 5 held
Amit Shah pays obeisance at Digiana Gurudwara in Jammu
Kerala wins award for city with most sustainable transport system
Baby kidnap case: Mother Anupama says she has no faith in police probe
‘What is this alliance?’: Lalu Prasad Yadav questions Congress’s usefulness as an ally in Bihar
Kerala govt to launch project to keep school children off drugs