Canadian national electrocuted; friend sustains burns


Team Udayavani, Mar 31, 2018, 2:23 PM IST

Hyderabad: A 21-year-old Canadian national was electrocuted while his friend from the same country suffered burn injuries after they accidentally came in contact with a live wire while walking in the corridor of a building in Bhadradi-Kothagudem district, police said today.

The incident occurred late last evening when M N John (21) and B Y Solomon accidentally touched the live wire while walking in the balcony of a training centre.

Solomon, who tried to rescue John, suffered an electric shock and burn injuries and was admitted to a local hospital where he succumbed, Deputy Superintendent of Police (Kothagudem Sub-Division) S M Ali said.

“John too suffered burn injuries and is undergoing treatment,” the police official added.

“Both the Canadian nationals, now working in Thailand, had come to Kothagudem town to impart training at the centre, run by a common friend, on March 24. They did not have any idea that a live wire was passing through the balcony of the building,” the DSP told PTI over phone.

Udayavani is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel and stay updated with the latest news.

Top News

Medical officer sexual harassment case: Dr Ratnakar granted bail

Police have obligation to act with empathy: Kerala HC

257 new COVID-19 cases, five deaths in Karnataka

Mass marriages rule out dowry and child weddings: CM

8.55 crore rural households have provision of tap water supply at home: Jal Shakti Ministry

Phenomenal achievement, says Dravid of Ashwin’s feat

‘Passed without discussion, repealed without discussion’: Omar’s jibe over farm laws


Related Articles More

HAL to manufacture first four LUHs by 2022-23: Govt

Police have obligation to act with empathy: Kerala HC

Mass marriages rule out dowry and child weddings: CM

8.55 crore rural households have provision of tap water supply at home: Jal Shakti Ministry

Calcutta HC rejects anticipatory bail plea of Mamata’s poll agent in murder case

MUST WATCH

‘Car’bar with Merwyn Shirva | Episode 1

NEWS BULLETIN 29-11-2021

Andhra Pradesh Primary school students go to police station for complaint against friend for pencil problem video goes viral in social media

Building Demolition work yet not start in Dandeli

Lawyers Protest against Corruption at Registration office Humnabad


Latest Additions

Pankaj survives; Amee, Ishika sail into second round

HAL to manufacture first four LUHs by 2022-23: Govt

Medical officer sexual harassment case: Dr Ratnakar granted bail

Salman Khan visits Sabarmati Ashram, tries his hands on ‘charkha’

Police have obligation to act with empathy: Kerala HC

Thanks for visiting Udayavani

You seem to have an Ad Blocker on.
To continue reading, please turn it off or whitelist Udayavani.