Udayavni Special

‘Concerted’, ‘unfair’ campaign against him: Anubhav Sinha on reports of Kartik Aaryan’s exit from films


Team Udayavani, Jun 4, 2021, 5:26 PM IST

Mumbai: Director Anubhav Sinha has spoken out about the media stories of Kartik Aaryan’s departure from big banner projects, saying that the campaign against the actor “seems concerted” and “unfair”.

He also praised Aaryan for staying “quiet” despite a spate of such stories.

The 30-year-old actor has been in the headlines since his exit from Karan Johar-produced “Dostana 2” in April. There are also reports that he is no longer in Shah Rukh Khan’s upcoming home production “Freddie”.

Last week, after reports of Aaryan being dropped from Aanand L Rai’s production venture surfaced online, the filmmaker stepped forward to clarify.

The spokesperson for Colour Yellow Productions in a statement said the team is still in talks with the actor for a project.

In a Twitter post on Thursday night, Sinha, who has never collaborated with the “Luka Chuppi” star, said producers usually do not talk about dropping actors from their projects.

“And by the way… when Producers drop Actors or vice versa they don’t talk about it. It happens all the time. This campaign against Kartik Aryan seems concerted to me and very bloody unfair. I respect his quiet,” Sinha said in a tweet.

The Gwalior-born Aaryan, who has cemented his position in the industry with films like “Pyaar Ka Punchnama”, “Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety”, “Luka Chuppi”, was ousted from Johar’s Dharma productions project in April.

“Due to professional circumstances, on which we have decided to maintain a dignified silence – we will be recasting ‘Dostana 2’, directed by Collin D’Cunha. Please wait for the official announcement soon,” the statement from Dharma read at the time.

Aaryan is awaiting the release of his next thriller, “Dhamaka”, directed by Ram Madhvani.

Produced by Ronnie Screwvala’s RSVP Films, along with Madhvani and his wife Amita Madhvani, the movie will stream on Netflix.

The actor also has Anees Bazmee-directed “Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2”, the shooting of which came to a halt amid the second wave of coronavirus pandemic in India.

Udayavani is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel and stay updated with the latest news.

Top News

NC, PDP, Congress say will decide on attending meet with PM after intra-party deliberations

Court seeks IMA chief’s response on suit seeking public apology for ‘derogatory remarks’ against Ayurveda

Karnataka Unlock: State govt relaxes curb in districts with 5% positivity; extends lockdown in DK, 12 other districts

Milkha Singh cremated with full state honours

India ‘misrepresenting’ ICJ verdict in Jadhav case: Pak

Central ministries, Assam govt to meet on resuming coal mining: CM

Calcutta HC grants bail to Saradha chit fund scam accused



Related Articles More

When Anupam Kher was rejected by AIR Shimla for casual announcer job

‘Unrecognisable’: Arjun Rampal’s blonde hairdo leaves fans in shock

RED FM Launches Red Indies Radio Festival

Forever grateful to the Indian Army for support: Farhan Akhtar on 17 years of ‘Lakshya’

2 small-time TV actresses held for theft in Mumbai

MUST WATCH

Belgaum Rescue operation

Remembering Milkha Singh

Dr Ravi Shankar Shetty | Oxygen Condenser Donation

Vaccination drive for teachers, no social distancing followed

Impact of COVID-19 on public transport

Latest Additions

NC, PDP, Congress say will decide on attending meet with PM after intra-party deliberations

When Anupam Kher was rejected by AIR Shimla for casual announcer job

WTC Final: Kohli battles on as India reach 120 for 3 at tea on Day 2

Court seeks IMA chief’s response on suit seeking public apology for ‘derogatory remarks’ against Ayurveda

Karnataka Unlock: State govt relaxes curb in districts with 5% positivity; extends lockdown in DK, 12 other districts

Thanks for visiting Udayavani

You seem to have an Ad Blocker on.
To continue reading, please turn it off or whitelist Udayavani.