Udayavni Special

Udupi youth builds dune buggy car out of scrap materials


Shivani Kava, Jan 21, 2021, 4:39 PM IST

We have witnessed a number of pandemic passion projects sprouting around us. While lockdown did bring out boredom and made us all sulk about not being productive, some people found hope in this darkness. One such story is of Sharath Kumar.

Sharath Kumar G Naik (26), hailing from Athrady in Udupi, built a dune buggy car at his abode using scrap materials. How cool is that!

Sharath, who is an electrical contractor by profession holds a Diploma degree.

Speaking to Udayavani, Sharat said,  “As there was nothing much to do during the lockdown, I thought of putting together a car out of scrap materials and started collecting materials for the same,” said Sharath.

Inspired by various YouTube tutorials, Sharath put together this car with 95% of scrap materials in just one month. The remaining 5% is the batteries and motor.

With help of family and friends, Sharath was successful in his venture. The car can hold up to 350-450kgs of weight.

The dune buggy car is an electrical vehicle, has two modes namely- reverse and drive mode. The details such as battery level indicator are present.

The idea of coming up with an electrical vehicle was to reduce the usage of fuels and check for pollution.

The total expense of this car is approximately Rs.20,000.

Sharath not only designed and made the car but even has built a bike out of scrap, using Apache tank and tyres from swift car. The bike gives a mileage of 30kms/liter.

For everyone who wishes to venture into such endeavors, Sharath says that time management and patience is the key.

Udayavani is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel and stay updated with the latest news.

Top News

Kalaburagi: Dentist stabbed in front of DC’s office; accused detained

42 outfits banned in India for involvement in terror activities reports Centre

Toolkit case: Delhi court extends protection from arrest to Nikita Jacob, Shantanu Muluk till Mar 15

Watch the video of a man lifting buffalo on his shoulder, Internet calls him Bheem

Mangaluru: Online Taxi Drivers Association protest over the hike in fuel prices

Apple’s next big launch likely to be on March 23

SC rejects plea challenging EC’s decision to hold WB Assembly polls in eight phases




Related Articles More

Kalaburagi: Dentist stabbed in front of DC’s office; accused detained

Mangaluru: Online Taxi Drivers Association protest over the hike in fuel prices

Jarkiholi’s case to be investigated as per Book of Law: Bommai

Kodagu: 8-yo dies in tiger attack; 3rd attack in 16 days

ISRO develops radar for joint earth observation satellite mission with NASA

MUST WATCH

Benefits and Advantage of Tuition

Jasmine Farming and Planting

Women’s day special interview with Champa P Shetty

Udayavani special Budget Bulletin

Gender Stereotypes Faced By Women | Women’s day special Vox Pop | Udayavani

Latest Additions

Kalaburagi: Dentist stabbed in front of DC’s office; accused detained

Excellent budget amid difficult times; ”deshbhakti” defining feature: Kejriwal

42 outfits banned in India for involvement in terror activities reports Centre

Rahul should be sent back to school to know what ministries exist under Centre: Giriraj Singh

Toolkit case: Delhi court extends protection from arrest to Nikita Jacob, Shantanu Muluk till Mar 15

Thanks for visiting Udayavani

You seem to have an Ad Blocker on.
To continue reading, please turn it off or whitelist Udayavani.