Udayavni Special

Glenn Maxwell re-signs with Lancashire for T20 Blast


PTI, Mar 3, 2020, 12:09 PM IST

London: Australia all-rounder Glenn Maxwell has been re-signed by England county side Lancashire for the upcoming season of the T20 Blast starting here on May 28.

The 31-year-old will play in at least the first eight North Group fixtures before returning Australia for national duty, the club announced.

One of the most destructive T20 players, Maxwell will feature in five Lancashire Lightning home fixtures, starting against Northants Steelbacks on May 29.

“Last season was one of the best summers of cricket I have ever experienced and I cannot wait to return to Emirates Old Trafford in 2020,” Maxwell said after signing the new contract.

“We were very unfortunate not to progress further after dominating the North Group and I was so impressed with the talent inside the changing room. I’m very confident we can improve on the quarter-final finish of 2019,” he added.

Maxwell played for Lancashire across formats last season, which saw the side earn promotion back to the first division of County Championships.

He captained the Melbourne Stars to a second consecutive Big Bash League final last month and will play for the Kings XI Punjab in the IPL.

He has scored nearly 6,000 T20 runs across his entire career including three centuries and a career-best of 145 not out against Sri Lanka in 2016.

“Glenn is one of the most sought after players in world cricket and to have signed him again after the enormous impact he made last year is hugely significant as we go in search of a second Vitality Blast title,” Paul Allott, Lancashire’s Director of Cricket said.

“To have a player of his talent on the pitch, as well as the person he is away from the field, can only enhance our prospects in this year’s tournament. He is extremely generous with his time in passing on his experiences to younger players and will no doubt play a huge part in their development once again,” he added.

Top News

Covid-19: Brazil President Jair Bolsonaro tests positive for virus

Country’s ‘economic mismanagement’ will destroy millions of families: Rahul

Karnataka govt deploys 1,246 employees for contact tracing

Expert committee submits recommendations on online classes to govt

Karnataka: 1,478 COVID-19 positive cases in State on July 7

CBSE rationalises syllabus by up to 30 pc for classes 9, 12 to make up for academic loss

Chinese military withdraws troops, removes structures in Hot Springs, Gogra: Sources





Related Articles More

Always wanted Dhoni to bat up the order: Ganguly

West Indies can’t last five days: Lara

Mahendra Singh Dhoni: ‘Vintage Wine’ at 39, intriguing as ever

Ganguly feels COVID-19 not going anywhere at least till end of 2020 but IPL set to move out

Pravin Tambe set to become first Indian to play in CPL



MUST WATCH

Tumbe vented dam overflowing after heavy rains

Kerala bans travel to Mangaluru

Shivanand Karkala : Successful Spiny gourd Vegetable Farmer | Udayavani

Dr Dinesh Shetty Karki on the small mistakes made while wearing masks

Sunday Lockdown: Strict adherence seen across Dakshina Kannada district


Latest Additions

Covid-19: Brazil President Jair Bolsonaro tests positive for virus

NMPB, NBPGR sign pact to conserve medicinal, aromatic plants’ genetic resources

Govt revokes licenses of 110 K’taka pharmacies for withholding data

Country’s ‘economic mismanagement’ will destroy millions of families: Rahul

IIT-G students build pocket-sized device to sanitise surfaces

Thanks for visiting Udayavani

You seem to have an Ad Blocker on.
To continue reading, please turn it off or whitelist Udayavani.