Happy to come out victorious from this battle: Sanjay Dutt on cancer


PTI, Oct 21, 2020, 3:18 PM IST

Mumbai: Bollywood star Sanjay Dutt on Wednesday announced that he has come out “victorious” from his cancer battle and thanked fans and well-wishers for their unwavering support in this journey.

The 61-year-old actor shared the news in a statement on Twitter on the occasion of his children’s birthday, Shaahran and Iqra who turned 10 today.

“The last few weeks were very difficult time for my family and me. But like they say, God gives the hardest battles to his strongest soldiers. And today, on the occasion of my kids” birthday, I am happy to come out victorious from this battle and be able to give them the best gift I can. The health and well being of our family,” Sanjay Dutt said.

The news comes days after a family source told PTI that the actor had responded “very well” to the medical treatment for cancer.

In August, Sanjay Dutt had announced that he would be taking a break from his professional commitments to focus on medical treatment, amid speculation that he was battling lung cancer.

The actor, in his statement, further thanked friends and family for being his source of strength.

“This wouldn’t have been possible without the unwavering faith and support from all of you. I am eternally grateful to my family, friends and all the fans who have stood by me and been my source of strength through this trying time. Thank you for the love, kindness and the countless blessings that you have sent my way,” he said.

Sanjay Dutt, who was undergoing treatment at a hospital here, also extended his gratitude to the team of doctors and medical staff.

“I am especially grateful to Dr Sewanti and her team of doctors, nurses and the medical staff at Kokilaben Hospital who have taken such good care of me in the last few weeks. Humbled and grateful,” he added.

The actor, who was last seen in “Sadak 2”, opened up about his cancer diagnosis for the first time last week in an Instagram video shared by celebrity hairstylist Aalim Hakim.

He is gearing up for the shooting of his next, “KGF: Chapter2″, in November. The period action film, starring Yash, marks Sanjay Dutt”s Kannada debut.

Udayavani is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel and stay updated with the latest news.

Top News

Several Muslims including Javed Akhtar, Naseeruddin Shah oppose anti-blasphemy law demand

4 health dept officials to monitor screening at international airports in TN

Bihar: Village votes for dead candidate to honour dying wish. He won!

PM files in aircraft worth Rs 8,000 cr to address rally but can’t waive farmers’ debt: Priyanka

Majority of Indians surveyed want govt to reconsider decision on international flights

Never saw myself as white ball specialist: Axar Patel

2 Hizbul Mujahideen terror associates held in Pulwama


Related Articles More

Katrina Kaif-starrer ‘Phone Bhoot’ to release in July 2022

I have been part of every change, never wanted to be stuck in time: Sunidhi Chauhan

Harshvardhan Rane deactivates his Twitter handle: Wish to focus more on my career

Netflix’s ‘Fabulous Lives of Bollywood Lives’ starts filming for season two

Sidharth Malhotra starts filming Dharma Productions’ ‘Yodha’

MUST WATCH

Gopal Naik Alevoor | How to do Vermicomposting Business in India and its uses

ನಂಬಿ ಬಂದವರ ಸರ್ವ ಕಷ್ಟ ಪರಿಹರಿಸುವ ತಾಯಿ ಚಾಮುಂಡೇಶ್ವರಿ

NEWS BULLETIN 27-11-2021

Kustagi Viral Video

Wild boar creates havoc at car showroom; Video goes viral


Latest Additions

Several Muslims including Javed Akhtar, Naseeruddin Shah oppose anti-blasphemy law demand

4 health dept officials to monitor screening at international airports in TN

Bihar: Village votes for dead candidate to honour dying wish. He won!

PM files in aircraft worth Rs 8,000 cr to address rally but can’t waive farmers’ debt: Priyanka

Majority of Indians surveyed want govt to reconsider decision on international flights

Thanks for visiting Udayavani

You seem to have an Ad Blocker on.
To continue reading, please turn it off or whitelist Udayavani.