Udayavni Special

Harry and Meghan sign off royal Instagram account


PTI, Mar 31, 2020, 8:15 AM IST

London: Britain’s Prince Harry and wife Meghan Markle are to take a break from their royal Instagram account, they announced Monday as they prepare for life outside the royal inner circle.

“While you may not see us here, the work continues… We look forward to reconnecting with you soon. You’ve been great!” the couple wrote on their “sussexroyal” Instagram account, signing off informally as Harry and Meghan.

The couple are due to leave the royal frontline on Tuesday, having told Queen Elizabeth II they wanted to pursue more independent lives.

“What’s most important right now is the health and wellbeing of everyone,” they wrote, referring to the COVID-19 pandemic.

“As we can all feel, the world at this moment seems extraordinarily fragile.” Harry and Meghan rocked the royal family when they announced in January they will no longer represent the monarchy.

They will no longer use the titles His and Her Royal Highness, while the queen and senior officials were said to have ordered them to stop using the word “royal” in their branding.

It had been thought they would base themselves in Canada, but The Sun said a move to California “had been planned for some time” and that the couple had “realised Canada would not work out for various reasons”.

“They want to be based in the Los Angeles area,” a source told the tabloid.

Meghan grew up in LA and her mother, Doria Ragland, still lives there.

Disney announced on Thursday, March 30 that Meghan would narrate a new film about a family of African elephants, set for release on Friday.

Top News

Amid border standoff with China, PM Modi holds meeting with NSA, CDS and 3 Service Chiefs

Truecaller records of 4.75 cr Indians on sale for Rs 75,000

SC takes suo motu cognizance of miseries of migrant labourers

Covid-19 Lockdown: Mumbai’s GSB Samiti postpones Ganpati festival celebration

India’s COVID-19 tally reaches 1.45 lakh; Odisha, Assam and Bihar see rapid increase

Show strong leadership to tackle COVID-19: Fadnavis to Maharashtra CM

No major side-effects of HCQ, should be continued as preventive treatment for COVID-19: ICMR

Related Articles More

Europe’s first ‘COVID-free’ country Montenegro to open borders, but not to Serbia

COVID-19: Singapore warns of worst economic contraction since independence

COVID-19: UK minister quits over Cummings lockdown trip

COVID-19: Risks complicate reopening as WHO warns 1st wave not over

Airbus technical experts from France reach Pakistan to assist in PIA crash probe

MUST WATCH

Tragedy and chaos: Former MIA director recalls Mangalore Air Crash

Lockdown relaxation: Long queues outside liquor stores in Mangaluru

Indian Coast Guard thank Covid-19 warriors

#WeFeed – Feeding stray animals during lockdown!

Mysuru-origin doctor honoured with parade for her service in treating COVID-19 patients in US

Latest Additions

Amid border standoff with China, PM Modi holds meeting with NSA, CDS and 3 Service Chiefs

Truecaller records of 4.75 cr Indians on sale for Rs 75,000

SC takes suo motu cognizance of miseries of migrant labourers

Covid-19 Lockdown: Mumbai’s GSB Samiti postpones Ganpati festival celebration

India’s COVID-19 tally reaches 1.45 lakh; Odisha, Assam and Bihar see rapid increase

Thanks for visiting Udayavani

You seem to have an Ad Blocker on.
To continue reading, please turn it off or whitelist Udayavani.