Udayavni Special

Kanta Prasad back at ‘Baba ka dhaba’, says restaurant business didn’t go well


PTI, Jun 9, 2021, 8:44 AM IST

A little less than a year after Kanta Prasad of ‘Baba ka dhaba’ fame was showered with monetary support from across the country resulting in the opening of a restaurant, the 80-year-old is back at his roadside eatery, following a short and unsuccessful stint as a restauranteur.

“The restaurant did well in the beginning. After a while, customers stopped coming, and the expenses were a lot more than the income.

”I had to spend Rs 1 lakh to run the restaurant, but we were earning only Rs 30,000,” Prasad said, adding he is back at his old dhaba and is “happy” with it.

When asked why he decided to open a restaurant so soon after receiving the monetary support, he said he was encouraged about the idea by some social workers, including Tushant Adlakha.

“The social workers came and did everything. They only set up the restaurant. I did not know or understand what they were doing,” he said.

Prasad came into the spotlight last year when a post on social media showing him crying because of his financial woes became viral, provoking overwhelming support in cash and in kind.

Prasad allegedly received a total of Rs 42 lakh as help, said social worker Adlakha, who had helped ‘baba’ set up the new restaurant.

He however denied Prasad’s allegations about encouraging him to open a restaurant.

“He already had the idea. I just helped him execute what he and his sons wanted,” he said.

Udayavani is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel and stay updated with the latest news.

Top News

Nalin Kumar Kateel performs last rites of 12 unclaimed Covid victims

Network problem for online classes; Edu Min appeals to the government for solution

WTC final: Rain washes out first session of Day 4

No local body polls in Maha till 70 pc of people vaccinated: Minister

Over 47 lakh COVID vaccine doses administered on day one of revised guidelines

Chhetri extends contract with Bengaluru FC for another two years

Bengaluru: 5 people try to sacrifice 10-yr-old to ‘ward off spirits’; arrested



Related Articles More

Antilia bomb scare-Hiran murder case: 3 remanded in NIA custody

Maha govt not cooperating in probe against Anil Deshmukh, CBI tells HC

Bengal to employ 32,000 teachers by next March: Mamata

2 Indian workers allegedly held captive by employer in Saudi Arabia

No local body polls in Maha till 70 pc of people vaccinated: Minister

MUST WATCH

International Day Of Yoga

Trupthi | Student learns Yoga during Lockdown

Yoga at Work Place

Udayavani News Bulletin 20-JUN-2021

Manipal IT youngsters plants trees | Planting trees to preserve the Environment

Latest Additions

Nalin Kumar Kateel performs last rites of 12 unclaimed Covid victims

Antilia bomb scare-Hiran murder case: 3 remanded in NIA custody

Maha govt not cooperating in probe against Anil Deshmukh, CBI tells HC

Bengal to employ 32,000 teachers by next March: Mamata

Bengaluru: 68 vehicles, maximum 2-wheelers, seized in a day for violating curbs

Thanks for visiting Udayavani

You seem to have an Ad Blocker on.
To continue reading, please turn it off or whitelist Udayavani.