Mandatory registration of PG flats, service apartments: Compol
Team Udayavani, Jul 13, 2019, 1:20 PM IST
Mangaluru: As per the order sent out by the city Police Commissioner Sandeep Patil, registration of private hostels, paying guest accommodations and service apartments in the city has been made mandatory. Additionally, the occupants residing in them are expected to compulsorily provide their full details to the concerned.
“Many people, who arrive to the city from outstation districts, states and foreign countries, reside in hostels, paying guest accommodations, service apartments and accommodations provided by the educational group institutions. There is a rise in crime and drug mafia related incidents in the city of late. In order to bring them under control, this order is sent out,” informed the Police Commissioner.
“Installation of CCTV camera is a must in hostel and paying guest accommodations. One CCTV camera should be facing the main entrance approach from the road. A minimum of 30 days of footage of this CCTV should be available for verification on a later date. If these rules are not followed, case will be filed against the erring owners of such facilities,” he added.
- Owners, partners and administrative committee of hostels, paying guest accommodations, service apartments and accommodations provided by educational institutions that are situated under the limits of Mangaluru Police Commissionerate have to get permission for operating such facilities from the competent authority without fail.
- The owners, partners and administrative committee members of such facilities should compulsorily provide the details like name, address, telephone number and identity card to the police station under which the said facility is situated.
- Names, telephone numbers and identity card of the occupants of such facilities should be compulsorily provided to the concerned police station.
- If the occupants of such facilities are students of foreign origin, their complete details along with visa and passport should be submitted to the concerned police station within 15 days of their arrival. If they are not vacating in stipulated time, the same also should be informed to the police.
- The owners of such facilities should make suitable arrangements to prevent the entry of strangers to such facilities.
- Precautions should be taken to prevent any acts of crime, illegal activities and immoral activities taking place in such facilities.
Udayavani is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel and stay updated with the latest news.
Simplify inter-state tariffs to promote domestic tourism: Ker Governor
Varanasi: The holiest city with a death hotel
Priyanka begins 2-day Assam visit by offering prayers at Kamakhya
Related Articles More
Sandalwood Actor Darshan visits Vinay Kulkarni’s house
Massive redevelopment of SHs planned says DyCM Govind Karjol
Mangaluru: Newlywed bride dies of a heart attack just a day after marriage
Customs officials seize over 200 iPhones worth Rs 2.8 cr from couple at KIA
Mangaluru: 2 arrested in a prostitution racket, 1 woman rescued