Saree catches fire, woman suffers serious burn injuries

Team Udayavani, Jun 20, 2019, 4:09 PM IST

Image for Representation

Hubballi: A woman who had been to the temple to pray found herself engulfed in flames after her sari suddenly caught fire and the video of the woman running in flames and shouting for help has surfaced on the social media platform.

It is gathered that the woman suffered serious burn injuries after her saree caught fire from a candle while she was offering prayers at Vishwanatha temple in Hubballi on Monday, June 17.

In the CCTV footage of the incident, the woman can be seen running in flames and shouting for help after her saree caught fire. By the time the flames were put out by the people who were present at the site the woman already had third-degree burns. She was later rushed to the hospital.

However, no official statement over the incident as yet by the temple authorities.

It may be recalled that, in January, a similar incident was reported from Kolkata. Following the incident, the temple authorities prohibited the use of candles, incense sticks, and other inflammable materials in the premises, a media report said.

Disclaimer:The views expressed in comments section published on Udayavani.com are those of comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of Udayavani.com, its staff or The Manipal Group, or any entity associated with The Manipal Group. Udayavani.com reserves rights to remove a comment or all the comments any time.

To report any comment you can email us at udayavani.response@manipalgroup.info. We will review the request and delete the comments.


Related Articles

Latest Additions