Udayavni Special

Shettar, Deshpande indulge in war of words at Indira canteen inaugural


Team Udayavani, Nov 18, 2018, 11:42 AM IST

Hubballi: On the occasion of inaugural of the Indira canteen at Hubballi on Saturday, November 17,  Dharwad District in-charge minister RV Deshpande and former Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar got into a war of words.

A verbal duel erupted between the senior politicians over sharing of funds for Indira Canteen right in front of the media persons.

As per the rules, 30 per cent of funds for the construction of Indira canteen is allotted by the state government while remaining 70 per cent must be borne by the respective city corporations.

“As Hubballi-Dharwad Municipal Corporation is facing financial crisis they were not able to pay the 70 per cent,” stated Shettar and thereafter both got into a verbal clash.  Later, Deshpande put an end to the argument by saying that he would bring the issue to government’s notice.

Udayavani is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel and stay updated with the latest news.

Top News

COVID-19: Karnataka logs 6,955 infections, 36 deaths

India fastest nation to administer 100 million doses of COVID vaccine: Health Ministry

Tweet recalls queen’s loving anniversary speech

EC should be held responsible for Cooch Behar killings: Chidambaram

After Rahul Dravid, Deepika Padukone calls her baby self ‘Indiranagar ki Gundi’

Govt asks fertiliser manufacturers, importers to ensure adequate supply during kharif 2021

Woman who consumed poison outside Union Minister Pralhad Joshi’s house, dies





Related Articles More

COVID-19: Karnataka logs 6,955 infections, 36 deaths

After Rahul Dravid, Deepika Padukone calls her baby self ‘Indiranagar ki Gundi’

Woman who consumed poison outside Union Minister Pralhad Joshi’s house, dies

DK DC Rajendra conducts DDMA meet on night curfew

Min Kota Srinivas Poojary tests positive for COVID-19

MUST WATCH

News Bulletin 10- 04-2021 | UDAYAVANI

Impact of Lock-down on fisheries | Fisheries Industry

Mangaluru: Woman rescues dog from 50-ft well

‘Night Corona curfew’: Compol issues guidelines, know rules

Kundapura: Minitruck dumps waste near road; local man makes them reload it

Latest Additions

COVID-19: Karnataka logs 6,955 infections, 36 deaths

India fastest nation to administer 100 million doses of COVID vaccine: Health Ministry

Tweet recalls queen’s loving anniversary speech

EC should be held responsible for Cooch Behar killings: Chidambaram

After Rahul Dravid, Deepika Padukone calls her baby self ‘Indiranagar ki Gundi’

Thanks for visiting Udayavani

You seem to have an Ad Blocker on.
To continue reading, please turn it off or whitelist Udayavani.