Udayavni Special

Venice Film Festival to go ahead with 2020 edition


PTI, May 25, 2020, 11:26 AM IST

Representative Image

Los Angeles: The Venice Film Festival is on its course to hold the 2020 edition this September, the region’s governor has confirmed.

Luca Zaia, governor of Veneto, said on Sunday, May 24 that the festival, which was due to take place September 2-12, will be held as planned, reported Variety.

The official’s confirmation comes days after the Venice Biennale, which oversees the world’s longest-running film festival among a number of other arts events, moved its Biennale of Architecture to 2021, but maintained the film festival’s dates.

Previously, architecture and film festivals were meant to overlap. Zaia said that the Biennale of Architecture was postponed due to complications in constructing the necessary pavilions.

The prestigious film showcase will proceed, although he warned that fewer films are likely to be featured this year.

The festival has not yet commented on plans for September.

Venice did the due diligence early May asking for concerns and suggestions regarding the upcoming movie gala.

The letter, which was signed by Venice’s artistic director Alberto Barbera, was meant to figure out how many filmmakers, actors, and producers are willing to attend the fest.

Venice previously declared that it would not go the virtual route, but said it was considering a “virtual screening room, using a safe online platform” for those who won’t be able to attend but have been previously accredited.

In January, the festival organizers revealed that actor Cate Blanchett would serve as the jury president.

Top News

India’s COVID-19 tally crosses 7 lakh-mark with 22,252 fresh cases: toll rises to 20,160

Trudeau turns down White House invitation amid pandemic

Udupi: 40 new COVID-19 cases detected on July 6

Unlock: Economic package, opening up of economy have begun showing results, says survey

Mandya MP Sumalatha Ambareesh COVID-19 positive

The Great Divide: K’taka-Kerala border ordeal

NSA Doval and Chinese FM Wang agree on expeditious disengagement of troops in eastern Ladakh





Related Articles More

Sushant Singh suicide case: Police record statement of filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali

Mandya MP Sumalatha Ambareesh COVID-19 positive

Manoj Bajpayee to narrate Discovery Plus docu “COVID-19: Indias’ War Against the Virus” in Hindi

Akshay Kumar-starrer ‘Bellbottom’ to start shooting in August

Udit Narayan launches YouTube channel to mark 40 years in film industry



MUST WATCH

Shivanand Karkala : Successful Spiny gourd Vegetable Farmer | Udayavani

Dr Dinesh Shetty Karki on the small mistakes made while wearing masks

Sunday Lockdown: Strict adherence seen across Dakshina Kannada district

Gurupura landslide: Rescue operations

Bengaluru needs 500 ambulances to better manage COVID-19: Bommai


Latest Additions

Haridwar borders sealed in view of ban on ‘Kanwar yatra’ amid Covid-19 pandemic

Infosys brings back over 200 employees, their families from US to B’luru in chartered flight

India vs China: Atal Bihari Vajpayee once drove 800 sheep to Chinese embassy

India’s COVID-19 tally crosses 7 lakh-mark with 22,252 fresh cases: toll rises to 20,160

Gurupura landslide: People shifted to safer places

Thanks for visiting Udayavani

You seem to have an Ad Blocker on.
To continue reading, please turn it off or whitelist Udayavani.