‘Vikas Bahl is a sexual offender’: Anurag, Vikramaditya release statements, apologise


Team Udayavani, Oct 8, 2018, 10:57 AM IST

Mumbai: Anurag Kashyap and Vikramaditya Motwane Sunday offered clarifications on the row over sexual harassment allegations against their Phantom Films partner Vikas Bahl.

In separate statements, Kashyap and Motwane, who formed the company along with Bahl and Madhu Mantena seven years ago, detailed the backdoor deliberations that took place in order to punish their partner. Kashyap said his legal aide told him there was nothing he could do to fire Bahl from the company. 

“I did everything I could, within what I was told by my partner and his lawyers… His word and his team’s word on any matter used to be the final word for us.

“According to legal advice provided to me then, I was told that we had very limited options. Now in hindsight and after taking stock of things myself, I can quite see how I was ill-advised,” Kashyap said.

The director added the lawyers told him that Bahl’s removal from the company was hindered by his status as “an equal promoter/director who actually ran the company” and that there was no clause in their contract to fire him “on the grounds of misconduct”.

In a recent article in HuffPost India, a former woman employee of the now dissolved production banner has reiterated the allegations and shared further details about the incident in May 2015.

According to the report, the woman said she had reached out to Kashyap and detailed her experience, but no action was taken while Bahl continued to harass her until she left the company.

Kashyap claimed that the story got out only after he corroborated it with the HuffPost journalist and added that he was the anonymous source who shared the story with the press last year.

Udayavani is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel and stay updated with the latest news.

Top News

Karnataka: Congress appoints ex-RS member B K Hariprasad as its leader in Legislative Council

Rename govt institutions, public spaces in Bengaluru having colonial names: BJP MP

North Korea fires 2 suspected missiles in 6th launch in 2022

Ravi Bishnoi gets maiden call-up for Windies series; Kuldeep, Hooda make comebacks, Ashwin dropped

‘Grama One’ launched in 12 districts of Karnataka

48,905 new COVID-19 cases in Karnataka, 39 deaths

Mumbai: FIR against Google CEO, others in copyright `violation’ case


Related Articles More

Puneeth Rajkumar’s last film ‘James’ unveils first look of Kannada star

Picasso heirs launch digital art piece to ride ‘crypto’ wave

Consulting with dwarfism community: Disney after Peter Dinklage slams studio for ‘Snow White’ remake

Steve Carell, John Krasinski to reunite for Paramount’s film ‘If’

Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech blessed with baby boy

MUST WATCH

Rajpath witnesses splendid fly-past of 75 aircrafts

Mysore student led NCC at the Republic Day 2022 Parade held in Delhi

NEWS BULLETIN 26-02-2022

Stunning motorcycle display by BSF all-women biker team at India’s 73 Republic Day parade

Siddaramaiah Talk’s About Election


Latest Additions

Karnataka: Congress appoints ex-RS member B K Hariprasad as its leader in Legislative Council

Rename govt institutions, public spaces in Bengaluru having colonial names: BJP MP

North Korea fires 2 suspected missiles in 6th launch in 2022

Ravi Bishnoi gets maiden call-up for Windies series; Kuldeep, Hooda make comebacks, Ashwin dropped

‘Grama One’ launched in 12 districts of Karnataka

Thanks for visiting Udayavani

You seem to have an Ad Blocker on.
To continue reading, please turn it off or whitelist Udayavani.