Udayavni Special

We worked so hard: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau on ‘GOT’ finale


Team Udayavani, Jul 17, 2019, 10:30 AM IST

Image for Representation

New York: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau has reflected on the outrage against the finale of “Game of Thrones”, calling the extreme reactions of the fans “silly”.

The actor came forward in defence of showrunner duo David Benioff and Dan B Weiss who were heavily criticised for below-par scriptwriting and poor portrayal of women in the last season of the hit HBO series.

Lakhs of fans from across the globe had signed an online petition urging the network to remake the eighth and final season of the epic fantasy series with “competent writers”.

“For anyone to imagine or to think that the two creators of the show are not the most passionate, the greatest, the most invested of all, and to for a second think that they didn’t spend the last 10 years thinking about how they were going to end it is kind of silly.

“And also know that they too read the comments. And it is, even though you sit on your own and go, ‘F**king stupid writers. A**holes.’ They really ? like everyone on ‘Game of Thrones,’ every single person and there are thousands ? we worked our a**es off to make the best show we could for the ending,” Coster-Waldau said.

The actor, who played Jaime Lannister on the show, was speaking at a “Game of Thrones” fan event over the weekend, reported Huffington Post.

Coster-Waldau, 48, said some of his co-stars were “a little upset” with how toxic the backlash got during the final season.

“We worked so hard. I’m not asking anyone to feel sorry, by the way. That’s not what I’m saying. I’m just saying how it was to get through that whole thing,” he added.

From “GOT” stars like Sophie Turner and Jacob Anderson to creator George RR Martin, the cast and crew of the series have previously condemned the outrage.

Udayavani is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel and stay updated with the latest news.

Top News

I’ll come back: BR Shetty at Udupi

Over 1 mln citizens registered themselves on Co-WIN portal till 1.00 pm: Health ministry

NCP chief Sharad Pawar takes first dose of COVID-19 vaccine

Vice President Naidu takes first dose of COVID-19 vaccine in Chennai

State not facing lockdown situation, says Min Sudhakar

MIB and IIT-B to establish Centre of Excellence in gaming, animation, announces Javadekar

Bailable warrant issued against Kangana on Javed Akhtar’s complaint



Related Articles More

MIB and IIT-B to establish Centre of Excellence in gaming, animation, announces Javadekar

Hero: Petrol bomb explosion at shooting site; Rishab Shetty injured

Ranbir Kapoor-starrer ‘Animal’ to release on Dusshera 2022

Amitabh Bachchan thanks fans for wishes after hinting at undergoing surgery

UV Exclusive: Bajarangi 2 features song on God Dhanvantari, says Dr V Nagendra Prasad

MUST WATCH

I was betrayed by those whom I trusted: Dr. B. R Shetty

The entire COVID-19 Vaccination Process completed within 30 minutes

Chikmagalur: Locals apprehend dacoits after cinematic chase

I request BJP senior leaders not to trust HD Kumaraswamy and BJP must not form an alliance with the JDS: C P Yogeshwar

Problem! in Cowin App

Latest Additions

Oppn will get even fewer seats in next Lok Sabha election if it continues to misguide farmers: Goyal

I’ll come back: BR Shetty at Udupi

Over 1 mln citizens registered themselves on Co-WIN portal till 1.00 pm: Health ministry

Bangalore Institute of Technology students protest over death of a fellow student

Russia accuses Twitter of violating law by failing to delete content

Thanks for visiting Udayavani

You seem to have an Ad Blocker on.
To continue reading, please turn it off or whitelist Udayavani.