Fire breaks out at tyre shop in Bunder
Team Udayavani, Oct 17, 2019, 11:54 AM IST
Mangaluru: A fire broke out on Wednesday, October 16 night at a tyre shop in Bunder near Hidayat Centre here.
The incident came to light when Irshad Venoor, a passer-by, noticed smoke billowing from the Navajeevan Tyre Shop in Bibi Alabi road. He immediately alerted Pandeshwar Fire Brigade station while also informing the MESCOM officials to disconnect electricity supply in the vicinity.
The police and the fire service rushed to the spot and doused the fire. It is suspected that the fire broke out due to an electrical short-circuit.
Following the incident, the shopowner estimated a loss of Rs.50 thousand.
A case in this regard has been registered with local police.
Udayavani is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel and stay updated with the latest news.
Five terrorists belonging to Al-Qaeda and TTP arrested in Pak
Kerala Assembly passes unanimous resolution against Centre’s Electricity Amendment Bill
What has changed for good in J-K post Aug 5, 2019 decision: Cong to Centre
Related Articles More
ED searches on properties of MLA Zameer Ahmed Khan politically motivated:Cong
No compromise on Mekedatu project, TN opposing it for politics: K’taka CM
TN BJP stages protest, asks Karnataka to drop move to build Mekedatu dam
Ker CM flays Karnataka’s fresh travel curbs on passengers from the state
Truck dangles over the edge of Agumbe Ghat; narrow escape for driver, cleaner
‘My father had not put condition to make me Minister before resigning’
PM hails wrestler Ravi Dahiya for winning silver medal at Olympics
Adult movie case: Raj Kundra, his aide now move sessions court for bail
Modi attacks Oppn for stalling Parliament, says it’s scoring self-goals
Cochin airport begins flight operations to UAE