Indrajit Lankesh alleges death threats from Darshan supporters


Team Udayavani, Jul 19, 2021, 4:14 PM IST

Bengaluru: Filmmaker and journalist Indrajit Lankesh alleged that he is receiving death threats from Darshan supporters.

Speaking to the reporters, Lankesh said, ” I will not comment on the case but will fight legally. I have received over 100 calls and messages from Darshan supporters. They are sending me obscene images and videos. I am filing a complaint to the Cybercrime department. They need to be taught a lesson.”

For the uninformed, it started with Indrajit Lankesh alleging that the Darshan and his friends attacked a waiter of a hotel in Mysuru leaving him with serious eye injuries. The incident, according to Indrajit, took place four months back.

Lankesh filed an appeal letter with Karnataka Home Minister Basavaraj Bommai on Thursday, July 14, requesting an investigation into this matter.

As per the complaint, Indrajit Lankesh claimed that the assaulted waiter was given Rs 50,000 as a settlement to avoid escalation of the issue. He alleged that the CCTV footage of the hotel was deleted to clear evidence of the incident.

Following the allegations, Sandesh Nagaraj, a film producer who is also the Managing Director of Sandesh The Prince hotel, where the incident is alleged to have taken place, denied that any of his staff was assaulted by Darshan, but admitted there was indeed a ‘scene’ over a service issue.

However, on July 16, an audio clip containing a purported conversation between Indrajit Lankesh and Sandesh, owner of Hotel Sandesh The Prince in Mysuru, went viral.

In the audio, Sandesh says that Darshan assaulted waiter Gangadhar. The same voice says Darshan’s friends are bad people and came with a gang of 15-20 friends and assaulted the waiter.

This incident accusing Darshan and his friends comes days after the actor called for a probe into a Rs 25 crore fraud case concerning him.

He had filed a complaint that his documents had been forged to obtain a loan. A woman and two men have been booked for cheating and extortion, following an ongoing investigation.

Udayavani is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel and stay updated with the latest news.

Top News

BRS has no plans to contest K’taka Assembly polls: Kumaraswamy

Karnataka govt to open ‘Namma Clinics’ in the state

Hindi trailer of Rishab Shetty-starrer ‘Kantara’ ready for release on Oct 9

India’s heaviest rocket to make global foray on October 22

SA score 249 for 4 against India in rain-curtailed first ODI

BJP to hold mega events, tour programmes of key party leaders ahead of elections in Karnataka

‘Even my wife doesn’t scold me as much as LG sahib’: Kejriwal asks Saxena to ‘chill a bit’


Related Articles More

BRS has no plans to contest K’taka Assembly polls: Kumaraswamy

Karnataka govt to open ‘Namma Clinics’ in the state

Gold worth Rs 38.53 Lakhs seized from passenger at MIA

India’s heaviest rocket to make global foray on October 22

BJP to hold mega events, tour programmes of key party leaders ahead of elections in Karnataka

MUST WATCH

Running Reace with Rahul Gandi and Siddaramiah

Uchila Dasara 2022 : Final Preparation for Precession

Bharath Judo : Rahul Gandhi Speach in Rain

Day 8 | Mahagauri

Sarapady Devadas Special Video.


Latest Additions

UNHRC adopts resolution against Sri Lanka’s rights record; India abstains from voting

Foreign vessel with drugs seized off Kochi coast

BRS has no plans to contest K’taka Assembly polls: Kumaraswamy

Karnataka govt to open ‘Namma Clinics’ in the state

Gold worth Rs 38.53 Lakhs seized from passenger at MIA

Thanks for visiting Udayavani

You seem to have an Ad Blocker on.
To continue reading, please turn it off or whitelist Udayavani.