JSW Group to boycott USD 400 million worth imports from China: MD Parth Jindal


PTI, Jul 4, 2020, 3:41 PM IST

New Delhi: JSW Cement Managing Director Parth Jindal on Thursday said its family-owned Group will bring down USD 400 million worth of imports from China to zero in the next 24 months.

Referring to the recent clash between Indian and Chinese troops in the Galwan Valley, he said the “action” is a result of what the latter did on Indian soil.

The USD 14-billion JSW Group, owned by Parth’s father Sajjan Jindal, has a presence in core sectors of steel, energy, cement and infrastructure.

The group will boycott goods worth USD 400 million, which it imports from China annually, Parth said in a tweet.

“The unprovoked attack by the Chinese on Indian soil on our brave jawaans has been a huge wake-up call and a clarion call for action – we @TheJSWGroup have a net import of USD 400 mn from China annually and we pledge to bring this down to zero in the next 24 months #BoycottChina,” he said.

A company official estimated 70-80 per cent of imports take place for the company’s steel and energy business which includes machinery and maintenance equipment.

The Indian and Chinese armies are locked in a bitter stand-off at multiple locations in the eastern Ladakh for the past seven weeks, and the tension escalated manifold after 20 Indian soldiers were killed in a violent clash in Galwan Valley on June 15. The Chinese side also suffered casualties but it is yet to give out the details.

Udayavani is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel and stay updated with the latest news.

Top News

Datta Peeta issue: State cabinet gives nod for appointing Hindu priest

Sindhu loses to nemesis Tai Tzu Ying, Prannoy also exits from Malaysia Open

Shivamogga: At least 40 injured as buses collide head-on

Belagavi: Netizens fume over viral video of tractor tug of war endangering public life

COVID cases up by more than 30 per cent in Britain last week

‘Ashada Shukravara’: Massive footfall at Chamundi Hills

Manipur landslide: NDRF says 17 bodies recovered, rescue ops on


Related Articles More

AAP does what it says: Kejriwal after Punjab govt’s free power scheme comes into effect

Manipur landslide: NDRF says 17 bodies recovered, rescue ops on

HC directs Maha govt to pay Rs 10 lakh insurance cover to 2 firemen who died on duty

Udaipur murder: Killers used bike with number ‘2611’

Murmu has better chances to win prez polls after Maha development: Mamata

MUST WATCH

How to earn God’s grace?

NEW BULLETIN 01-07-2022

Heavy Rain Mallar Urdu school Damage

Heavy rain at kaup area

Banana cultivation : Success story of a farmer


Latest Additions

Datta Peeta issue: State cabinet gives nod for appointing Hindu priest

Sindhu loses to nemesis Tai Tzu Ying, Prannoy also exits from Malaysia Open

Shivamogga: At least 40 injured as buses collide head-on

Belagavi: Netizens fume over viral video of tractor tug of war endangering public life

COVID cases up by more than 30 per cent in Britain last week

Thanks for visiting Udayavani

You seem to have an Ad Blocker on.
To continue reading, please turn it off or whitelist Udayavani.