Man swallows Apple AirPods while sleeping


Team Udayavani, Feb 9, 2021, 10:19 AM IST

A man in the US swallowed one of his Apple AirPods while sleeping which got stuck in his oesophagus.

Brad Gauthier, a resident of Worchester, Massachusetts had trouble while swallowing water. He went about his day as he managed to spit out the water, despite experiencing discomfort in his chest.

Brad wrote his Facebook post, “When I tried to drink a glass of water it wouldn’t go down, I had to lean over to let it spill out into the sink. Gross. Something felt off with a lot of pressure in my chest, but I figured my throat was just dry or something from all the snow shoveling late last night,”

Later Brad realised that one of his AirPods was missing to which his family joked that he may have swallowed them in his sleep.

Brad further wrote, “I looked around for my AirPod Headphones that I was listening to the night before as I went to bed and could only find one after scouring the bedroom,”

He said that his son and wife suspected that he may have swallowed the AirPods, ” They brought it up jokingly at first, but it seemed too coincidental that I would be missing it when I knew I went to bed with it, while I felt a distinct blockage in the center of my chest,” he added.

After visiting the hospital where doctors did an X-Ray, where they found the missing AirPod in the lower part of Brad’s oesophagus.

The doctors initially suspected that Brad had choked on a piece of food as it was his wife’s birthday party the night before.

He concluded his Facebook post with, “Be careful listening to wireless headphones when you fall asleep, you never know where they’ll end up!… Big thanks to Mrs. for dropping everything and bringing me to get the procedure done.”

Here’s one for the record books… I woke up this morning, felt fine, but when I tried to drink a glass of water it…

Posted by Bradford Gauthier on Tuesday, 2 February 2021

Udayavani is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel and stay updated with the latest news.

Top News

7 tourists dead, 10 injured as vehicle falls into gorge in Himachal’s Kullu

India beat Australia by six wickets in 3rd T20I, clinch series 2-1

Shikaripura: 11-month-old baby dies after falling into water tank

Boat carrying Hindu devotees to historic temple capsizes in Bangladesh; 24 killed, several missing

Petrol bomb attack: Two SDPI functionaries arrested

Lalu, Nitish meet Sonia; say focus on uniting opposition parties to defeat BJP

Minor boy physically assaulted, sodomised by 3 friends; DCW issues notice to police


Related Articles More

Kanpur: Family keeps man’s body at home for 18 months thinking he is in coma

Man’s newspaper ad about losing his death certificate takes internet by storm

Viral Post: A ‘Love story’ that blossomed in Bengaluru traffic

Dubai sets up vending machines baking free hot bread for needy residents

Shocking! Doctor ties stray dog to car, drags it along road in Rajasthan

MUST WATCH

Creative PU College Moodabidri

Lighiting at Uchila Mahalakshmi Temple

Health Minister K Sudhakar Statement about paycm

How to grow Avocado

Dasara Celebration in Uchila Mahalakshmi Temple


Latest Additions

7 tourists dead, 10 injured as vehicle falls into gorge in Himachal’s Kullu

India beat Australia by six wickets in 3rd T20I, clinch series 2-1

Ali Abbas Zafar, wife Alicia welcome first child

Shikaripura: 11-month-old baby dies after falling into water tank

Boat carrying Hindu devotees to historic temple capsizes in Bangladesh; 24 killed, several missing

Thanks for visiting Udayavani

You seem to have an Ad Blocker on.
To continue reading, please turn it off or whitelist Udayavani.