Udayavni Special

Mysore Palace to remain closed till March 22 amid COVID-19 scare


Team Udayavani, Mar 15, 2020, 11:26 AM IST

Mysuru: Amid the growing coronavirus scare the Mysore Palace committee has decided to keep the palace closed for tourists for a week from March 15 to 22.

This comes after Chief Minister BS Yediyurappa chaired an emergency meeting with ministers and senior officials on Friday to discuss the situation.

The Karnataka government has ordered shutting down for a week all places and activities where people gather in large number including swimming pools, shopping malls, schools, colleges and cinema halls, state Health Minister B Sriramulu said amid the coronavirus threat.

Earlier, schools in the state had announced early summer vacation for their students this academic year as a precautionary measure. Other public places have been shut down in the state amid the coronavirus scare.

The central government had on Thursday said that the death of the 76-year-old man from Kalaburagi in Karnataka was confirmed to be caused due to co-morbidity while he was also tested positive for COVID-19. The man visited Saudi Arabia on January 29 and returned to India a month later on February 29.

Till date, India has reported two deaths and 84 confirmed cases of the deadly coronavirus.

The World Health Organisation (WHO) has declared the coronavirus outbreak a pandemic. The virus, which originated in the Chinese city of Wuhan last year has spread to more than 100 countries worldwide, infecting over 1,30,000 people.

Udayavani is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel and stay updated with the latest news.

Top News

Veerappa Moily slams Centre over rising fuel prices

Jaishankar holds talks with Kenyan counterpart Raychelle Omamo

CAIT urges Comm Min to direct CCI to initiate probe against Amazon, Flipkart

‘Corona mata’ temple built at UP village, demolished

HAL manufactured ALH Mk-III Helicopters inducted into Indian Coast Guard

‘100 not out campaign’: State Congress leaders held for protesting

Mangaluru: Well discovered during the demolition of Navbharath Circle



Related Articles More

Veerappa Moily slams Centre over rising fuel prices

CAIT urges Comm Min to direct CCI to initiate probe against Amazon, Flipkart

HAL manufactured ALH Mk-III Helicopters inducted into Indian Coast Guard

‘100 not out campaign’: State Congress leaders held for protesting

Karwar: Youths carry elderly woman for 5 km downhill to reach hospital

MUST WATCH

Karwar: Youths carry elderly woman for 5 km downhill to reach hospital

Udayavani News Bulletin 12-06-2021

Man marries 37th time in front of 28 wives

Kalavathi Dayanand Sings Kanadha Kadalige

Kaup Congress Committee Protest on Petrol Hike

Latest Additions

Veerappa Moily slams Centre over rising fuel prices

Jaishankar holds talks with Kenyan counterpart Raychelle Omamo

CAIT urges Comm Min to direct CCI to initiate probe against Amazon, Flipkart

Twitter sends notices to cartoonist Manjul, other prominent users on requests from law enforcement agencies

Chances of 3rd wave quite real, Delhi govt preparing on war-footing: CM Kejriwal

Thanks for visiting Udayavani

You seem to have an Ad Blocker on.
To continue reading, please turn it off or whitelist Udayavani.