President Murmu reviews NDA passing out parade, lauds participation of 1st batch of women cadets


PTI, Nov 30, 2023, 9:57 AM IST

President Droupadi Murmu on Thursday reviewed the passing out parade of 145th course of the National Defence Academy (NDA) at Khadakwasla in Pune and lauded the participation of the first batch of women cadets in the marching contingent.

Terming it as a historic day, Murmu extended good wishes to the women cadets, while noting that today daughters have to struggle to select a career of their choice.

Around 15 women cadets participated in the passing out parade along with their male counterparts.

Last year, the first batch of 19 women cadets joined the NDA, Khadakwasla, a premier tri-services institution that has given the country the finest military officers, and they are currently in the second year of the military-cum-academic training, a defence official earlier said.

The second and third year cadets take part in the passing out parade, the official said.

President Murmu, the Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces, on Thursday congratulated all the cadets who completed their course.

She also congratulated the women cadets who were part of the marching contingent.

”I was told that from 2022, the training of women cadets has been started at the academy. Today, for the first time, the women cadets were part of the marching contingent,” Murmu said. ”Today is a historic day and I am sure that the women cadets will take the name of the NDA and the country to new heights,” she said.

Murmu also congratulated the foreign cadets from friendly nations for the completion of their course.

Udayavani is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel and stay updated with the latest news.

Top News

3-fold rise in cyber fraud cases; educated individuals too falling prey

II PU exams commence today

BJP’s poll body meet to finalise first list of LS candidates concludes

‘Pro-Pak’ slogan: Chilli trader from Haveri district detained

Woman paraded nude in Belagavi district

Udayavani’s senior journalist Manohar Prasad no more

It’s a ‘sovereign decision’: MEA on denying entry to Indian-origin writer

Related Articles More

Govt hikes windfall tax on crude petroleum, cuts levy on diesel

UP Class 12 board’s math, biology question papers shared on Whatsapp group during exam

BJP’s poll body meet to finalise first list of LS candidates concludes

Railway unions threaten to stop all trains from May 1 if old pension scheme not implemented

It’s a ‘sovereign decision’: MEA on denying entry to Indian-origin writer

MUST WATCH

Belkale chande team @Ayodhya

Namma Metro Staff Doesn’t Allow A Farmer To Travel Citing Dirty Clothes

A rare disease

Sasihitlu Beach

How diabetes cause problems in kidney


Latest Additions

Shreyas Iyer in spotlight as Mumbai take on Tamil Nadu in Ranji Trophy semifinal

Govt hikes windfall tax on crude petroleum, cuts levy on diesel

Fire at seven-storey commercial building in Bangladesh’s capital kills at least 45 people

IIT-Mandi developing quantum computer that will use photons for faster calculations

3-fold rise in cyber fraud cases; educated individuals too falling prey

Thanks for visiting Udayavani

You seem to have an Ad Blocker on.
To continue reading, please turn it off or whitelist Udayavani.