7th round of Sino-India military talks over LAC ‘positive and constructive’: Joint statement


Team Udayavani, Oct 13, 2020, 7:24 PM IST

Credit: iStock Photo

New Delhi: The seventh round of military talks between India and China was “positive and constructive”, and both sides agreed to earnestly implement the understanding reached by their leaders to not turn differences into disputes, a joint statement by the two armies said on Tuesday.

The two sides deliberated on ways to disengage from various friction points in eastern Ladakh during the nearly 12-hour-long talks in Chushul on the Indian side of the Line of Actual Control (LAC) on Monday. India and Chinese troops are locked in a border standoff in eastern Ladakh for over five months.

“The two sides had a sincere, in-depth and constructive exchange of views on disengagement along the Line of Actual Control in the western sector of India-China border areas,” the joint press statement said.

The statement said both sides were of the view that these discussions were “positive, constructive” and had enhanced understanding of each other’s positions.

“Both sides agreed to maintain dialogue and communication through military and diplomatic channels, and arrive at a mutually acceptable solution for disengagement as early as possible,” the statement added.

“Both sides agreed to earnestly implement the important understandings reached by the leaders of the two countries, not to turn differences into disputes, and jointly safeguard peace and tranquility in the border areas.”

At the first informal summit between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Chinese President Xi Jinping in April 2018, the two sides had emphasised on not allowing difference to become disputes. This understanding has featured in multiple statements by the two countries since then.

The summit had taken place months after the Doklam episode that had significantly strained ties between the two neighbouring countries.

Udayavani is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel and stay updated with the latest news.

Top News

Govt extends time limit up to December 31 for submission of life certificate by pensioners

School manager, held for trying to rape minor girl student, remanded to judicial custody

Pak PM Khan reiterates govt’s strong stance against violence in name of religion

Bareilly: Three suffocate to death at agro firm unit

Sasikala calls on Rajinikanth

Phone tapping: Gehlot demands Shekhawat give his voice sample for probe

Malala Yousafzai meets Secretary of State Blinken, delivers Afghan school girl’s message of education


Related Articles More

Govt extends time limit up to December 31 for submission of life certificate by pensioners

School manager, held for trying to rape minor girl student, remanded to judicial custody

Bareilly: Three suffocate to death at agro firm unit

Sasikala calls on Rajinikanth

“Explore business opportunities in Gujarat; attend VGGS-2022”: minister to investors from Karnataka

MUST WATCH

Man Accidentally Burns Down House Worth 13 Crore Rs While Trying to Get Rid of Snakes

NEWS BULLETIN 07-12-2021

FIRST DOCTORATE FROM SIDDHI COMMUNITY

Cobra’s Head Gets Stuck in Beer Can

Karnataka law students on warpath against KSLU


Latest Additions

Govt extends time limit up to December 31 for submission of life certificate by pensioners

School manager, held for trying to rape minor girl student, remanded to judicial custody

Pak PM Khan reiterates govt’s strong stance against violence in name of religion

Bareilly: Three suffocate to death at agro firm unit

Sasikala calls on Rajinikanth

Thanks for visiting Udayavani

You seem to have an Ad Blocker on.
To continue reading, please turn it off or whitelist Udayavani.