CSK player Devon Conway to undergo surgery for thumb injury, all but ruled out of IPL


PTI, Mar 4, 2024, 10:48 AM IST

Credit: PTI photo / File

New Zealand opener Devon Conway is all but ruled out of the upcoming Indian Premier League (IPL) as he will be sidelined for at least eight weeks due to the thumb injury he sustained during the T20I series against Australia last month.

The 32-year-old Conway will undergo surgery on his left thumb which got injured during the second T20I in Auckland on February 23. He missed the first Test which ended on Sunday and after further medical examination, he has been advised surgery. ”Devon Conway has a small fracture in the joint of his thumb. So he will undergo surgery this week and hopefully he will good in somewhere between an eight-week period,” New Zealand head coach Gary Stead said in a media interaction.

Conway was bought by Chennai Super Kings for a base price of Rs 1 crore in the 2022 auction. The left-handed batter has amassed 924 runs in 23 matches in the IPL at an average of 46.12 with a strike rate of 141. 28.

”Following several scans and specialist advice, the decision was made to operate on Conway with a likely recovery period of at least eight weeks,” New Zealand Cricket said in a statement. The IPL is scheduled to start on March 22, with defending champion CSK taking on Royal Challengers Bangalore at the MA Chidambaram Stadium in Chennai.

The IPL schedule has been announced only for the first 21 matches. The fixtures for the remaining games will be announced in due course of time.

Udayavani is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel and stay updated with the latest news.

Top News

FIR against Vijayendra over derogatory post: EC

Vinesh, Reetika, Anshu secure Paris Olympics quotas for India

Kejriwal stopped taking insulin months before his arrest: Tihar officials claim in report to L-G

Big and powerful people in India, abroad joined hands to remove me from power: Modi

Gundlupet: Elephant calf killed in tiger attack on Bandipur-Ooty National Highway, traffic comes to a standstill

Congress questions Modi govt’s unfair treatment of Karnataka in revenue sharing

Strong anti-incumbency against Modi govt, says Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah

Related Articles More

Vinesh, Reetika, Anshu secure Paris Olympics quotas for India

I’m 100 per cent ready to play T20I World Cup: Dinesh Karthik

Little room for error as struggling RCB face dominant KKR

Uthappa expresses concerns about Dhoni’s physical condition, despite sharp mental game

Dhoni simply owns that space, says Fleming

MUST WATCH

Grafting Jack Anil

Heat Illness

Dwarakish death at 81

H. D. Deve Gowda

Aura Cake shop in udupi


Latest Additions

Opposition spreading rumours about BJP changing Constitution out of fear of defeat: Thakur

FIR against Vijayendra over derogatory post: EC

Congress has transformed Bengaluru into ‘Tanker City’: Modi

Kishan Reddy hits out at Congress for not implementing poll promises in 100 days

Man claims Bishnoi gang member to execute ‘major’ plan in Mumbai; police find call to be hoax

Thanks for visiting Udayavani

You seem to have an Ad Blocker on.
To continue reading, please turn it off or whitelist Udayavani.