Udayavni Special

‘I am innocent,’ says mother charged with sexually abusing minor son in Kerala


Team Udayavani, Jan 24, 2021, 4:14 PM IST

 

Thiruvananthapuram: The 35-year-old woman, who has been accused of ‘sexually abusing’ her minor son, on Sunday said she was innocent and framed by her estranged husband and his second wife.

Appearing before the media with her face covered, the woman said, “The truth should come out. My son was threatened by his father to give the statements against me. The case is fabricated.”

The woman, who was arrested under the POCSO (Protection of Children from Sexual Offences) Act was granted bail by the Kerala High court.

The court had observed that the gravity of offences alleged against the woman was serious in nature and quite unheard of, and had directed the state police chief to constitute a special team, preferably headed by a woman IPS officer, to proceed with the investigation.

The woman from nearby Kadakkavoor was arrested on December 28 on charges of sexually abusing her son since the age of 10 till he shifted to Sharjah with his father in December 2019.

The case was registered based on a report filed by the Child Welfare Committee officials who had conducted counselling of the child.

The woman alleged that the POCSO case was filed by her husband in retaliation for the case she had moved before a family court seeking custody of her four children and alimony.

“I am innocent. The truth should come out. My son will never make such a complaint”, she said.

She said she was not aware about the details of the case and came to know about it only at the police station.

“I cried and told the police that this was not true”, she said.

Udayavani is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel and stay updated with the latest news.

Top News

Balakot air strikes displayed India’s strong will to act against terror: Rajnath

National Medical Commission will bring great transparency, says PM Modi

Jakkur aviation training school to reopen: Minister

Kasargod: 117 guillotine sticks and 350 detonators recovered from Chennai-Mangaluru superfast train

Mahindra Lifespace acquires nearly 8 acres of land in Bengaluru

Mandya-origin US Surgeon General nominee Vivek Murthy says his first and foremost priority is to turn COVID pandemic around

UK police receive letter from UAE princess urging probe



Related Articles More

People’s mandate no licence to act irresponsibly: Sena on stadium renaming

Balakot air strikes displayed India’s strong will to act against terror: Rajnath

National Medical Commission will bring great transparency, says PM Modi

FIR registered after vehicle with explosives found near Mukesh Ambani’s house

Over 1.3 cr COVID-19 vaccine doses administered in India so far reports Health Ministry

MUST WATCH

Uchila Mahalaxmi Temple Kaup

Listen to the story by Dr. Gururaj Karjagi on the concept of ‘Joy of Giving’ part-2

Mangaluru: Beedi workers protest against COTPA amendments

Mangaluru: Police arrest four for ATM skimming

Drama performer invokes Goddess Chamundi? Video viral

Latest Additions

People’s mandate no licence to act irresponsibly: Sena on stadium renaming

Zachary Levi-starrer ”Shazam: Fury of the Gods” adds Rachel Zegler

Twitter intends to make its content moderation practices more transparent: Jack Dorsey

Dharmasthala woman selected as civil judge

Disengagement at all friction points necessary to consider de-escalation of troops: India to China

Thanks for visiting Udayavani

You seem to have an Ad Blocker on.
To continue reading, please turn it off or whitelist Udayavani.