Udayavni Special

NIA files chargesheet in 2019 Pulwama terror attack case; names Jaish chief Masood Azhar


PTI, Aug 25, 2020, 4:23 PM IST

Jammu: The National Investigation Agency (NIA) filed a chargesheet on Tuesday in a special court here against 19 people including Masood Azhar, the chief of banned terror group Jaish-e-Mohammed, for planning and carrying out a deadly suicide attack on a CRPF convoy that left 40 personnel dead in Pulwama, South Kashmir, in 2019.

The “blind case” was solved by the NIA after piecing together the electronic evidence and statements of terrorists and their sympathisers arrested in different cases, officials said.

The 13,500-page chargesheet names people who were arrested from Pulwama for providing shelter and shooting the last video of Adil Dar, the suicide bomber who used around 200 kgs of explosives in the vehicle that rammed into the CRPF convoy on February 14 last year killing 40 personnel near Lethpora in South Kashmir.

This case, whose probe was led by NIA Joint Director Anil Shukla, also brings to light the use of e-commerce platforms by the planners in the terror module for purchase of high-end batteries, phones and some chemicals.

As many as seven people have been arrested so far by the NIA in this case, the officials said.

Besides Azhar, those charge sheeted include seven terrorists who were killed in various encounters and four absconders, two of whom are still hiding in Jammu and Kashmir — one of them a local and the other a Pakistani national.

Two relatives of Masood Azhar — Abdula Rauf and Ammar Alvi — have been named in the chargesheet as the main conspirators behind the case. The dead include a nephew of JeM terrorist Mohammed Umar Farooq who had entered India through natural caves at the international border in Sambha in late 2018.

Udayavani is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel and stay updated with the latest news.

Top News

Govt revises COVID-19 test rules for people arriving in State

DK receives 3,400 doses of Covishield vaccine; People waiting for second dose to be prioritized

70 per cent Covishield stock for vaccination of 45-plus age- group due for 2nd dose in K’taka

‘Will demolish the virus’: Kangana Ranaut tests positive for Covid

Two MIT students selected for the prestigious Knight-Hennessy Scholarships

Pinya: Man held for overcharging oxygen cylinder

As Karnataka battles COVID-19, rumors on leadership change resurface



Related Articles More

Sena slams Modi govt for Central Vista project amid pandemic

Indian-American physicians sending 5,000 oxygen concentrators to India

India sees record 4,187 COVID-19 deaths, 4,01,078 new cases: Govt

Shashi Tharoor clarifies he wasn’t ‘mollycoddling’ Tejasvi Surya

TN announces ‘total lockdown’ from May 10 to 24 to beat COVID-19

MUST WATCH

Inform the CM of the required quota for your district : Pratap Simha

Udayavani 7 -May -2021 News Bulletin

Mangalore Fatal Bike Accident Caught on CCTV

Home Isolation Guidelines | Shashikiran Umakanth

DK Shivakumar slams State BJP govt, alleges corruption is the only agenda of the this govt

Latest Additions

Sena slams Modi govt for Central Vista project amid pandemic

Govt revises COVID-19 test rules for people arriving in State

Wearing gloves or washing hands frequently? Check what WHO suggests

DK receives 3,400 doses of Covishield vaccine; People waiting for second dose to be prioritized

70 per cent Covishield stock for vaccination of 45-plus age- group due for 2nd dose in K’taka

Thanks for visiting Udayavani

You seem to have an Ad Blocker on.
To continue reading, please turn it off or whitelist Udayavani.