Ronaldo to defend himself after improper conduct charge


PTI, Oct 12, 2022, 6:58 PM IST

Image credit: AP Photo/Jon Super

Manchester: Cristiano Ronaldo will defend himself against an improper conduct charge brought by the English Football Association.

The Manchester United forward was charged following an incident with a fan after a game against Everton in April. Footage caught on camera appeared to show Ronaldo knocking a phone out of the hand of a supporter as he made his way to the locker room following United’s 1-0 loss.

He was later cautioned by police and last month the FA confirmed that the Portugal international had been charged with a breach of Rule E3.

“We spoke about that,” United manager Erik ten Hag said Wednesday. ”He will not accept it.” Rule E3 relates to the general behaviour of participants, stating they must not bring the game into disrepute “or use any one, or a combination of, violent conduct, serious foul play, threatening, abusive, indecent or insulting words or behaviour.” The case will be determined by an FA hearing.

Ronaldo returned to Goodison Park for the first time since the incident in United’s 2-1 victory on Saturday — scoring the winner, which was his 700th career club goal.

He could start when United hosts Omonia Nicosia in the Europa League on Thursday after spending much of the season on the bench.

With speculation about Ronaldo’s long-term future, ten Hag said he is committed to helping the 37-year-old great rediscover his finest form.

“I want to support him as good as possible,” ten Hag said. “So we have a certain demand on players, what we expect from him in certain positions on the pitch and what I do, as with other players, is I want to get the best out of them.

“He is getting in better shape now and I am happy with that, so he can contribute more to the squad and I’m sure he will do.” Ten Hag added Ronaldo’s physical condition has been an issue this season.

“In the start, it was definitely the case,” ten Hag said, ”and it’s proven once again no one can miss pre-season.”

Udayavani is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel and stay updated with the latest news.

Top News

Govt to observe June 25 as ‘Samvidhaan Hatya Diwas’ to commemorate Emergency

Difficult to get funds for development works because of guarantees, says CM’s economic advisor

Ex-Andhra Pradesh CM Jagan Mohan Reddy, two IPS officers booked in ‘attempt to murder’ case

Karnataka BJP leaders on way to protest against MUDA ‘scam’ detained in Bengaluru

SC grants interim bail to Arvind Kejriwal in excise policy linked money laundering case

Valmiki Corporation scam: ED detains former minister B Nagendra

65 people, including seven Indians, believed to be missing after landslide in Nepal: Media reports

Related Articles More

India showed resilience to win T20 WC and celebrations told that story: Laxman

Starc expresses displeasure at being dropped for T20 WC game against Afghanistan

Prakash Padukone set to travel to Paris as badminton squad mentor

India defeat Zimbabwe by 23 runs to go 2-1 up in five-match T20I series

INDvZIM T20I: Gill, Gaikwad push India to 182/4

MUST WATCH

BJP & Congress members clash

Aparna Vastarey

Kalaripayattu Meenakshi Amma

President Droupadi Murmu

Information about ridge gourd crop


Latest Additions

Bengaluru Tech Summit to be held in November

HC exempts Yediyurappa from personal appearance in city court in POCSO case on July 15

Another headline grabbing exercise: Cong on govt declaring Jun 25 as Samvidhaan Hatya Diwas

Udupi: BJP & Congress members clash during Thenkanidiyoor Gram Panchayat meeting, woman injured

Mumbai: Man booked for smoking e-cigarette onboard IndiGo flight

Thanks for visiting Udayavani

You seem to have an Ad Blocker on.
To continue reading, please turn it off or whitelist Udayavani.