Two killed in fire at stationery shop-cum-residence


Team Udayavani, Feb 15, 2018, 11:59 AM IST

Thane: A woman and her five-year-old daughter were killed in a fire at a shop in Airoli area of Navi Mumbai early today, a fire department official said. The fire broke out around 4 am in the stationery shop in which the victims used to live, Airoli fire station in-charge Eknath Pawar said.

On getting information about the blaze, firemen rushed to the spot. As the shop was locked from inside, they broke open the door to enter the premises engulfed with dense smoke, he said. The fire department personnel found the bodies of Manju Choudhary (28) and her daughter Gayatri Choudhary (5), who apparently died of suffocation, the official said.

The shop owner, his brother and two toddlers, aged 1 and 2, were rescued from the premises, Pawar said. The cause of the fire was being probed, he said, adding that preliminary findings indicated the blaze occurred due to a short-circuit. The bodies have been sent to a government hospital for a postmortem examination, he added.

Udayavani is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel and stay updated with the latest news.

Top News

Govt extends time limit up to December 31 for submission of life certificate by pensioners

School manager, held for trying to rape minor girl student, remanded to judicial custody

Pak PM Khan reiterates govt’s strong stance against violence in name of religion

Bareilly: Three suffocate to death at agro firm unit

Sasikala calls on Rajinikanth

Phone tapping: Gehlot demands Shekhawat give his voice sample for probe

Malala Yousafzai meets Secretary of State Blinken, delivers Afghan school girl’s message of education


Related Articles More

Govt extends time limit up to December 31 for submission of life certificate by pensioners

School manager, held for trying to rape minor girl student, remanded to judicial custody

Bareilly: Three suffocate to death at agro firm unit

Sasikala calls on Rajinikanth

“Explore business opportunities in Gujarat; attend VGGS-2022”: minister to investors from Karnataka

MUST WATCH

Man Accidentally Burns Down House Worth 13 Crore Rs While Trying to Get Rid of Snakes

NEWS BULLETIN 07-12-2021

FIRST DOCTORATE FROM SIDDHI COMMUNITY

Cobra’s Head Gets Stuck in Beer Can

Karnataka law students on warpath against KSLU


Latest Additions

Govt extends time limit up to December 31 for submission of life certificate by pensioners

School manager, held for trying to rape minor girl student, remanded to judicial custody

Pak PM Khan reiterates govt’s strong stance against violence in name of religion

Bareilly: Three suffocate to death at agro firm unit

Sasikala calls on Rajinikanth

Thanks for visiting Udayavani

You seem to have an Ad Blocker on.
To continue reading, please turn it off or whitelist Udayavani.